Pancakes in breakfast are something that makes our whole day. Everyone loves to eat these fluffy pancakes, especially for breakfast drenched in delicious maple syrup and butter. There is a wide variety of pancakes available in the markets nowadays, such as blueberry, vanilla, cinnamon, and basic classic pancakes. You can make easy pancakes at home with just general ingredients like flour milk and butter that are already available in your kitchen. Pancakes when paired with yummy chocolate chips and ice cream is a mouth-watering delight that can lift anyone’s mood in seconds. Whereas some prefer pancakes made in oats and topped with lots of fruits and honey to make it a healthier option. However, some still think that vegetarians or vegans or people who do not prefer eggs in their food cannot enjoy the delightful taste of pancakes. With diversity in the food choices of people, we introduce the recipe of equally yum and fluffy pancakes without eggs in it.
Recipe for making Pancakes without Eggs
Following are the instructions and ingredients for making no egg Pancakes.
- In the first step, you need some flour in a big mixing bowl. You can replace the flour with wheat or even oats for making it more healthily.
- For the second step, ass two tablespoons of sugar with one tablespoon of baking powder. ½ tablespoon baking soda and a pinch of salt to balance the sweetness in pancakes.
- Then mix well all these dry ingredients.
- For the next step, add two tablespoons melted or soft butter with 1 cup milk and whisk until combined.
- While you whisk add ½ cup more milk to the mixture until the batter forms smooth flowing consistency.
- Now, use a non-stick pan for making the pancakes so that it does not stick when the pan is heated grease it with some butter before putting the batter on it.
- Use a ladle and pour some batter delicately forming a circular structure. Make sure you do not spread the batter, or else the pancake won’t turn out fluffy.
- Do not cook on high flame, simmer the flame and wait until the bubbles appear in the surface of the batter.
- When the bubbles show, flip the pancake and cook it from the other side as well. You add the chocolate chips at this moment if you want.
- Cook both the sides nicely for 1-2 minutes and make sure they turn nice and brown.
- Finally, the eggless pancakes are ready, and you can enjoy them with delicious toppings of your choice.
It’s the easiest recipe that will help you make yummy eggless pancakes in your kitchen. Also, if you ever thought of how to make pancakes from scratch, this is an ideal recipe for you as all the ingredients required in this recipe are usually lying around in the kitchen.
Benefits of having pancakes in breakfast
Eating pancakes for breakfast is not only good for our taste buds but also has many health benefits.
- Rich in carbs
Pancakes are full of carbohydrates which are essential to provide energy to the body. Carbohydrates act as fuel to our body and keep us going for the day. If you prepare your pancakes with whole wheat, then it is an even better option as it is a fibre-rich meal for your body.
- Rich in iron
Yes, pancakes are a good source of iron, but only if they are whole wheat. Similar to carbs, iron also contributes to providing energy to our body to perform all-day-long activities. Iron also helps in the proper functioning of immune cells in the body that protects you from falling ill.
- Provides calcium
Pancakes also provide our body with calcium, especially wheat pancakes. There are approximately 250 milligrams of calcium present in wheat pancakes which help strengthen our bones.
- Keep count of sugar
You need to keep count of how much sugar you are adding while making your pancakes. Too much sugar might not be healthy for your body. Try to balance the sweetness of your pancakes using natural sweeteners such as maple syrup or dark chocolate topping.
There is no particular or genuine reason to make pancakes with no eggs. It depends on people’s choice of what they want to eat and whatnot. Many have a misconception that pancakes do not taste the same, or they do not turn up fluffy if the egg is excluded. However, it is not true as there is an alternate for every ingredient. People who do not prefer eggs, or are allergic to eggs can anytime enjoy the equally perfect taste of pancakes without eggs using the given recipe.