The proliferation of online shopping and the growth of the e-commerce industry in the past five years have been noteworthy. According to industry experts, this growth is expected to hit new heights by 2027, when the size of the Indian e-commerce industry is around 200 billion US dollar.
At the same time, the increasing popularity of credit and debit cards has also played a vital role in this growth. Among these, credit cards have paved a new way for consumers to make purchases without worrying about the cash in-hand. The fundamental working principles of the best credit cards have allowed customers to spend, and then repay it as per their convenience.
Top 5 reasons behind the popularity of online shopping
Backed by advanced technologies, online shopping has altered the way Indian consumers purchase things. Here are some primary reasons why this method of shopping is gathering so much traction –
- Convenience: Online shopping allows buyers to stay indoors and purchase their essentials from the comfort of their home. Moreover, their order is also delivered to their doorstep, eliminating the need of visiting a store.
- Variety: Online shopping platforms have a comparatively larger stock than a physical store. Therefore, individuals have a vast collection in front of them to find a suitable product. You may go to multiple stores online to check the variants available in the category you are looking for.
- Time-saving: Since customers can order and get their products delivered, it eliminates the need of going to a store, and standing in a queue for payments. As a result, they save a lot of time. In that scenario, you don’t need to go outside specially for buying it. You may continue your shopping online without affecting your daily routine.
- Availability: Unlike physical stores, online shops are available 24X7; thus, customers can purchase things anytime they want. Furthermore, the online tracking facility allows them to keep a tab on their order.
In online shopping the time will never be a barrier. Either it’s 3 in morning, you may order anything you desire. However there is a time limit obviously for what you are looking for. If it’s an order from a local city, you may get it delivered on the same day otherwise it will take some time to make it available. Special courier services also in role these days to make your order available within 24 hours, if it has to be delivered from out of the city. But this will be charged you higher.
- Comparison is Easy: Over the offline store shopping, it always would be a typical task for you to go from one store to another to compare the prices and the varieties. Online shopping benefits you in this corner making comparison easy.
- No Shopping Pressure: Generally when you go to a local shopping store, the representative will try to influence and sell their products which creates a pressure on you to buy something or even you sometimes you also think to at least buy a unit for their efforts in the representation. In that case online shopping helps to a large extent. There will be no pressure on you, you will only buy anything when you are too sure to opt one in every way.
- Offers and discounts: Online shopping platforms provide attractive offers and discounts on their products, which consumers may not get in a physical store. Apart from that, such companies often have affiliation with the best credit card issuers, which allow credit card users to avail more benefits on their purchases.
How are credit cards making online shopping exciting?
Credit cards present an accessible yet secure way of making transactions. It allows users to spend and then repay it as per their convenience.
This is also the biggest advantage of shopping with credit cards. If you used to shop with your debit card, you will find that it would be less secure, the simple reason behind it is that debit cards directly cooperate with your bank account and swapping your card at the wrong place may keep you in trouble. While using your credit card for shopping determines your bank account details will not directly collaborate with your savings and amount left.
Best credit cards have contributed significantly to the growth of online shopping, as it encourages individuals to purchase with lucrative benefits. These payment cards are well-known for their reward points. If a user makes purchases with a credit card, he/she receives reward points against the transactions. They can later redeem these points with their future transactions to avail more discounts and cashbacks.
Along with that, credit card companies often affiliate with online shopping platforms. It allows the users of that specific card to access exclusive deals, better discounts, extended warranty and several other benefits.
How to apply for a credit card?
Individuals can easily opt for a credit card online to apply and avail the same. Leading credit card companies offer application forms on their website and mobile application. Individuals can fill that form appropriately and submit it with necessary documents to apply for this payment card.
An example of such a credit card is RBL bank credit card. Individuals can easily apply for it online via the official website of the company. This card offers lucrative benefits like 50 days interest-free ATM withdrawal, accelerated reward points, loan against credit cards, etc.
Along with these, a host of other features makes using the card a smart way to shop online.
Furthermore, the company also provides pre-approved offers to its existing customers. These offers streamlines the entire application process and saves time. It is applicable on financial products like credit cards, personal loans, business loans, etc. Customers can check their pre-approved offers by submitting their essential contact details.
Online shopping has helped consumers to quickly fulfil their needs without hampering their work or other commitments. Additionally, the best credit cards with their myriad of benefits have made this rather tedious process more exciting. At the same time, applicants must read the terms and conditions carefully to understand the product and choose the right credit card for themselves.