So you have decided that you want to get a hair transplant, because you are now seeing a lot more hair on your towel and comb than on your head. When you go to your neighbourhood clinic, you are not really convinced, because neither do their facilities seem up to the mark, nor does any doctor take the time to talk to you and clear your doubts.
If you are not sure about how to choose the right clinic or the surgeon for your hair transplant, here are the 5 most important things that you need to keep in mind:
- The clinic and the surgeon–From the physical location of the clinic to the surgeons associated with the clinic, there are a fair few things that you need to check before you make any decisions. Start with the clinic itself – check if the clinic is located in a good locality, whether they have reasonably good infrastructure, if they have hygienic and well equipped procedure rooms and modern tools and equipment. More importantly, it is the expertise and professionalism of the surgeon that matters the most – you need to ensure that the surgeon that you are choosing has plenty of procedures under their belt. As a matter of fact, the best hair transplant surgeon is one who will take the time to talk to you, explain the process and answer your questions.
- Licenses and certifications–It is important that you check the licenses and certifications of the clinic as well as the surgeons. The clinic has to be licensed and should have all the approvals required and similarly, the surgeon should be certified to conduct the procedures and should also be affiliated with the appropriate boards and institutions. While choosing a clinic and surgeon for your hair transplant in Delhi, make sure that you get such things clarified, right at the start.
- The condition of the clinic–While you might not need a grand looking clinic for your procedure, as long as you have a really capable and experienced surgeon doing your transplant, it is important that you look for a clinic that is in a good state of affairs. Make sure that you choose a clinic that has clean interiors and is equipped with all the modern machines and equipment. There is nothing wrong in asking to be shown around the procedure room either.
- The support staff – This is yet another important factor in your decision making; something a lot of people overlook. A hair transplant is not done by the surgeon alone – the support staff has a crucial role to play. They need to be just as experienced to assist with efficiency and speed. Feel free to ask about the same!
- The money factor – Do not fall for any clinic that offers you discounts or slashed prices. The costing of a transplant should ideally be based on the number of grafts used. A good clinic will give you a transparent breakup of all the costs involved.