Google has updated its SEO guidelines more than 400 times in recent years. It is not feasible to keep track of all the changes. Even SEO experts have a hard time trying to piece things together. The best way to solve this is to follow the major trends and SEO techniques.
Have you ever lost sleep thinking about search engine optimization and how your website will match up with the latest algorithm updates? There’s no need to stress. There are clear SEO trends, strategies, and ongoing best practices that can help you when it comes to optimizing the content on your website.
Keep your website’s content fresh and in line with search engines by reading these expert SEO tips. Content is one of the cornerstones of any search engine optimization campaign. A good quality, optimized, and frequently updated website content can significantly improve a website’s standing in search engine results. Take the time to read these expert tips on optimizing your blog or website’s content for maximum return on investment (ROI).
The most important thing to remember is that using the most popular words won’t magically rank you higher in SERPs and that it takes time to grow. Keep your audience in mind and cater to their wants. Moreover, it will give you a fresh perspective on how you approach content creation for your website.
It is vital to find out how to keep up with the algorithm updates and stay on the first page of the search engine. If it is too hard to work on, you can always look for SEO services in India.
Here are Top Four Tips to Follow for 2021
1. Learn the Core Web Vitals
In 2021, it is important to go through the data about the core web vitals of your websites. Google released a new update in the algorithm called Page Experience, which ranks pages depending on the core web vital scores.
What are core web vitals? These are metrics or standards which calculate speed, responsiveness and visual stability. Read on for simple definitions:
- LCP (Largest Contentful Paint) – This is the total time taken for a given page’s content to load. The ideal LCP for a website is less than or equal to 2.5 seconds.
- FID (First Input Delay) – This is the total time taken for a page to become interactive or become responsive, with 100 ms being the ideal FID.
- CLS (Cumulative Layout Shift) – This is the measure of the amount of shift in the layout of the page content. The ideal CLS would be under 1.
Now, let’s focus on how to measure these metrics for your page. The new google updates let you check your core web vitals. These tools give detailed and deep insights into your core web vitals.
Here are a few good platforms to measure the page metrics: Google Search Console, PageSpeed Insights, Lighthouse, Chrome DevTools and Chrome UX Report
Familiarize yourself with these platforms as these are what tell you page’s web health.
2. Right Places for Your Keywords
Keywords are the key foundation to every content that goes online. It not only lets Google know what is in the content, but it also is the most dominant way to increase your reach. SEO brings as much as 1000% more traffic compared to dominating organic social media. And keywords are the heart of SEO, and hence keyword placement is the most crucial part of increasing web traffic.
The process begins with good keyword research. Tools like Google Ads, Ahrefs, and on-site searches to determine the search target can help you find the right keywords. The best keywords that do well in 2021 are the long-tail form. Study your competitors’ sites to complete your research. After research comes the metadata. All your keywords should be in the metadata.
It’s important not to stuff your content with keywords and fit them naturally to keep the readability factor high.
3. Build Your Content with Relevant Links
Link-building is another vital aspect when forming domain reputation. With external links, apart from enhancing the information on your page, you can get reciprocal links through outreach. links are a key factor in building ranking. The crawlers follow the links through your article and judge how relevant the content is to the searched keywords. So, use internal linking in your articles wherever necessary. Over half of the online marketers recognize growth in 1-3 months of using this SEO strategy.
4. Use featured snippets
If you haven’t already started adding featured snippets to your content, start now, as this feature more or less controls the SERPs in 2021. If you are new to the idea, featured snippets are highlighted boxes with the required answer on the top of search results. If your page appears in the featured snippet, then you are on the right track. Here are some things to earn featured snippets.
- Long-Tailed Keywords: The longer the keyword, the higher the chances of your article making it to the featured snippet box. Statistics from SEMrush show that a mere 4% of the articles with single keywords made it while a total of 55.5% of the keywords made it when the keywords were longer, around ten words.
- Ask Questions: Your audience will come with a question when they hop on a search engine, and writing your article based on these queries will give you a higher chance of earning featured snippets. Use question words like ‘do’, ‘why’ and ‘can’ are very high on the search query list.
- Strategize Your Formats: In a featured snippet, four formats appear: a paragraph, a line, a video and a table/list. Keep these formats when you frame your content. Since the snippets tend to have direct answers, use these formats to cater to the speed readers. Keep the rest of the content after these formats while keeping the formats crisp and to the point.
Keeping up with the Google algorithm is impossible, If the metrics are going over your head, call on professional SEO services to do the job for you. . Instead, focus on developing quality content and optimize your page for the people.