Sugar is an important part of our diet and can make food taste better, but it can also be bad for our health if we don’t limit its use. To cut down on the amount of sugar in your diet, try using substitutes like honey and jaggery. These two natural sweeteners can be used in many different ways to replace refined sugar as you cook and bake, but they also have many health benefits beyond just making your foods taste sweeter. You can get gourmet food online after reading this article about why these are the best sugar substitutes on the market!
Understanding of Honey, Jaggery and Sugar
Sugar: It is made by processing and refining the natural sugars found in sugar cane or sugar beet. It contains glucose, fructose, and sucrose. The liquid form of sugar is more commonly used than the solid type because it has a better taste and texture, and dissolves easily.
Honey: Honey is produced by honeybees from a wide range of flowers. Honey consists of about 17% water, and 80% sweet solids including 40% fructose and 30% glucose with other minerals like calcium, copper, iron, and manganese.
Jaggery: Jaggery is a non-centrifugal sugar which comes mainly from the sap of palm trees. It can be produced at home by boiling down raw sugarcane juice to create a syrup which can then be dried into blocks for later use. Sometimes also called gur, jaggery is also a traditional ingredient in North Indian cuisine used to flavour dishes like kheer (rice pudding) and biryani.
Benefits of Honey but not in sugar
1. Honey has the potential to combat several bacterial strains which include Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, Listeria, E. coli, and Klebsiella pneumonia.
2. Honey has a lower glycemic index which means it doesn’t cause sudden spikes in blood glucose levels like table sugar can.
3. Honey contains some important vitamins and minerals that can aid in wound healing: Calcium, iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, manganese and selenium.
4. It’s easy to ingest: A spoonful of honey is easier to swallow compared to a spoonful of sugar, especially when it comes to children.
5. It’s natural: Sugars and most artificial sweeteners such as aspartame, saccharin and Splenda have no nutritive value.
Benefits of Jaggery but not in sugar
1. It is rich in minerals such as calcium, potassium, iron, manganese, zinc, copper and selenium.
2. It has a low glycemic index which means it does not raise the blood sugar level rapidly
3. It can be used for various recipes like roasting nuts and making sweet halwa
4. It also cures stomach problems like acidity and constipation
5. Jaggery tastes better than sugar especially when they are used in baking or cooking.
Buy ORGANIC Honey and Jaggery ONLINE IN INDIA From Rural Treasure
Honey is a natural sweetener that contains minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, enzymes, amino acids and other nutrients. It is also known to help heal wounds faster than sugar. At rural treasure, We believe in offering Pure, organic, and authentic products like gourmet food, natural jaggery powder, natural flour, milk powder, and much more. You can buy organic honey online that is ethically sourced from wild forests, and it remains as pure as
nature since it is 100% raw, unprocessed, unfiltered, and unadulterated. From rural treasure, You can buy natural jaggery online that is providing healthy, natural, and honest-to-goodness food without ever compromising on taste.
About Rural Treasure:
In search of these authentic products we traversed narrow lanes, and back alleys of rural India to bring you the best in food, personal care, and plant care. The goal of our business is to bridge the divide between the city and rural communities by learning the traditions of the countryside and observing city life firsthand. Through this exploration, we learned that the idea of good health has changed. People are choosing overly processed and chemically- produced products to give the appearance of a healthier lifestyle. Therefore, we commit to providing our customers with only 100% natural products.
Honey has been used as a natural sweetener for centuries. It has a low glycemic index so it won’t spike your blood sugar levels, but will still provide you with the sweetness that you crave. Jaggery is made from boiling cane juice, which makes it more nutritious than refined sugars. It also contains minerals like potassium and iron that help to increase energy levels.