Since the beginning of time, Indian ethnic wear has been upheld for its beauty and appeal. Western society has always been enthralled by the glitz and splendour of the most common ethnic attire, including the saree, salwar suit, and lehenga.
Talented fashion designers combined western and ethnic sensibilities to create fusion wear, which surprised the global fashion industry. This was made possible by innovation and introducing new trends and fashion.
Indian ethnic wear has inevitably become more popular on the international market thanks to the elegant styles, cuts, and comfort of western clothing combined with the traditional finery and glamour.
These have become popular due to:
- Fusion of Western and Traditional Fashion: While Indian traditional dress is known for its glitz, extravagance, and gorgeousness, Western design is known for its level of formality, suave style, fine cuts, and high-end fashion that leads the international fashion ramp.
Contemporary fashion designers have combined these sensibilities to create the latest lehenga choli, which combines comfort and fashionable style, as well as the latest designer sarees in various materials and styles.
These are the most recent women’s ethnic wear fashion trends from India that are worn by Hollywood celebrities as well as on worldwide fashion runways, at film festivals, and other events.
- Ideal for Traditional Occasions: Traditional wear for women and women’s ethnic wear has long been a favourite for festive occasions like Navratri, Diwali, Dussehra, Karwa Chauth, and Eid. Asians living abroad also favour dressing in traditional wear for women with a dash of contemporary style during the festive season in order to fully appreciate the occasion.
- Even participants from western cultures like experimenting with their appearance and prefer fashionable women Indian wear to formal western attire.
- Boosting Online Promotion: One of the main factors contributing to the current development in popularity and demand for Indian women’s ethnic wear on the international market is the increased usage of E-Commerce by the country’s numerous small, medium, and large-scale businesses. Indian women wear designers and artisans may now access the global fashion market thanks to the robust e-commerce platform, which also promoted international trade.
- People from all around the world may now learn about Indian traditional wear for women’s fashion and Indian ethnic wear, browse the clothing and even make an order thanks to online ethnic wear stores. Global shoppers are increasingly eager to purchase designer salwar kameez, lehenga choli, tunics, kaftans, Kurtis, and classic embroidered sarees.
- Quality Goods at Affordable Prices: The decline of ethnic fusion clothing was mostly brought on by the low quality of the outfits and their exorbitant costs. However, contemporary designers and artisans have made amends by improving the garments’ quality, design, and finishing. Online e-commerce sites have made these garments accessible at reasonable prices along with additional discounts and offers — thus, turning Indian ethnic wear into a practical and cost-effective option and making it accessible to a wide range of customers worldwide.
- Bollywood has popularised: The Indian television and film industries are yet another aspect contributing to the resurgence of women’s ethnic wear in India. The majority of the time, people get their fashion cues from their favourite B-Town stars and well-known Bollywood divas. The desire for Indian ethnic clothing on the international market has also been inspired by the rebirth of traditional wear for women in Bollywood.
Designer Indian ethnic wear is now widely available online from various trustworthy online stores and e-commerce sites, making it popular in international markets, including Europe, the UK, the US, Brazil, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore.