With the advent of Digital payment era a risk of digital payment fraud is also becoming a challenge for security and safety of your digital payment accounts like Phonepe. Many scammers and spammers always keep finding new ways to do a fraud over Phonepe app. At prent there is a new way of scam is going on with Phonepe Payment app that is a Phonepe Fake Payment Screenshot.
Many fraud people are using Phonepe Spoof apps for generating Phonpe Spoof Screenshot which is a fake image showing phonepe successful transaction with a given amount. People who are new to digital payment are become the victim of this new kind of fraud. These spam guys targets people who have less or little knowledge of Phonepe UPI payment. As people won’t able to check whether the UPI transaction is successfully done or not they easily believe on this fake payment screenshot from Phonepe app.
How to Avoid Phonepe Fake Payment Screenshot Scam:
To avoid or to save yourself from fake screenshot scams of Phonepe you can follow these steps –
- Don’t rely on Phonepe Payment successful screenshot only, always check your Phonepe account or message alert for the amount credited to your account.
- Ask for cash payment or card payment for any business if you are dealing with a new person.
- Ask him to scan your QR code instead of telling him your Phonepe account number.
- If a payment is in the process ask the person to give you cash because in process payment message may create an issue later. Generally, the delayed payments in UPI got declined by Banks.
- Many people also use Phonepe screenshot editor apps to change the existing successful Phonepe payments images to convince the people that they had done the Payment but the receiver’s bank has some issues.
- If you are a shop owner and do accept payment via Phonepe you can talk to the Phonepe merchant customer care team on Phonepe customer care number regarding payment security and scam.
- Report the scam as soon as possible to avoid the losses.
- Keep a record of whole-day Phonepe Payments and Tally it at the end of the day with your Phonepe account summary.
Why People Use Fake Screenshots of Successful UPI Payments:
There can be various reasons why people may use fake screenshots of UPI payments, although it is important to note that such actions are unethical and may be illegal. Here are a few possible motivations behind the misuse of fake UPI payment screenshots:
- Deception: Individuals may use fake UPI payment screenshots to deceive others into believing that a payment has been made when it actually hasn’t. This can be done to avoid fulfilling financial obligations, trick others into providing goods or services, or gain an unfair advantage in transactions.
- Fraud: Fake UPI payment screenshots can be part of fraudulent activities, where individuals attempt to scam others by creating a false sense of payment completion. They may use these screenshots to convince unsuspecting victims to release goods, provide services, or share sensitive information under false pretenses.
- Social Engineering: Fake UPI payment screenshots can be employed as a form of social engineering, manipulating others’ trust and emotions for personal gain. By showing false payment proof, individuals may exploit sympathy or trust to elicit financial or other benefits from unsuspecting individuals.
- Reputation Management: In some cases, individuals may misuse fake UPI payment screenshots as a way to protect or enhance their reputation. They might create false evidence of making payments to project themselves as trustworthy or responsible, even if they haven’t actually fulfilled their financial obligations.
It is important to remember that engaging in such deceptive practices is not only unethical but can also lead to legal consequences. It is essential to conduct financial transactions with honesty, integrity, and transparency, respecting the trust and rights of others involved.