The auspicious and fortunate nine days of Navratri is nearly to begin and the people all across India have geared up for the preparations of celebrations. During Navratri, followers of Goddess Durga worship her nine different avatars and seek her blessings. This festival is a sign of the victory of good over evil and celebrated with a lot of excitement.
All have their different customs as some do fasting, some blow shank before the prayers, some chant mantras overnight during Navratri, some celebrate this festival by participating in dandiya dance. It is supposed that the Navratri celebration is incomplete without dandiya dance.
So, are you also searching out some new, sizzling Bollywood dandiya songs for this Navratri?
Here is a complete list of all-time hits Bollywood dandiya songs:
- Odhani: From the movie Made in China, the audience got a new fiery dandiya song Odhani Odhu Odhune Udi Jaye in 2019. Neha Kakkar and Darshan Raval sang this song. Kanti Ashok wrote its words. This song is the perfect one for dandiya night as it has all the aspects of the festival – energy, festive spirit, groovy music. It is one of the hit Bollywood dandiya songs.
- O Radhe: Radhe Radhe song in Hindi from the movie Dream Girl was sung by Kumar and composed by Meet Bros. in 2019. This song has hit the internet. It is one of the most energetic Bollywood dandiya songs. Both Ayushmann Khurrana and Nushrat Bharucha look so pleasing as Krishna and Radha in the new track.
- Nagada sang dhol: Navratri celebration is incomplete without this hit Bollywood dandiya song from Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh’s film Goliyon Ki Raasleela – Ramleela which got released in 2013. Nagada sang dhol is a perfect festive song with fast beats.
- Shubharambh: This song is from one of the best movies Kai Po Che. Amit Trivedi has composed this song. This song has authentic Gujarati lyrics and that is why one of the super hit Bollywood dandiya songs. It has western beats too with traditional music. Shruti Pathak wrote the wordings of the beautiful song.
- Dholi taro dhol: This is a perfect Bollywood dandiya song from the film Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam that got released in 1999. The lyricist of this song is Mehboob Alam Kotwal. The audio of this song was released on 18 June 1999. Being one of the old top songs at the Navratri playlist, this song is very energetic and has fast beats. It is one of the superhit Garba songs tp play this Navratri
- Meri Chunar Udd Udd Jaye: This song is sung and composed by the one and only dandiya queen, Falguni Pathak. This song takes all the limelight during the festivities. It is just an appropriate Bollywood dandiya song to rock the dance floor this Navratri. And also, not only this song but several other songs from her album can be played during Navratri as most of them have traditional Gujarati musical forms.
- Dholida Dhol Re Vagad: Dholida Dhol Re Vagad, one of the top Bollywood hits from the album Khelaiya Dandiya got released on 29 September 2016. Rupal Doshi has sung this song. It is perfect to add to your playlist for dandiya dance. This song has been recreated in many versions and very quickly went viral on the internet.
- Prem Diwani Bani: The song Bani Bani from the movie Mein Prem Ki Diwani Hoon starring Kareena Kapoor Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, dashing Hrithik Roshan got released in 2003. Its music is composed by Anu Malik and sung by Krishnan Nair Shantakumari Chitra. The perfect combination of dandiya and drum beats in this song makes everyone crazy to dance. It is one of the top Bollywood dandiya songs.
- Prem Leela: Prem Leela from ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ was released in 2015. This song depicts Ram Leela that is very interesting and has been composed by Himesh Reshammiya. The lyrics of this song are written by Irshad Kamil and sung by Amit Trikha and Vinit Singh. This song has a devotional feel to it, which makes it a top hit dandiya track to play this Navratri.
- Sabse Bada Tera Naam: This melodious song from the movie Suhaag got released in 1979. Asha Bhosle and Mohammad Rafi sung this song and has very soothing, calm beats that make it perfect for the dandiya night celebration in Navratri. It is one of the top religious Bollywood dandiya songs for the festive seasons.
Navratri is the most significant and religious festival. For most of the people, it is the time for chanting mantras to prayers; for some others is the time for dancing and feasting. It is a beautiful feeling to go and attend the colorful and lively Garba – dandiya nights with your family. So, to rock the dance floor this Navratri, these are some sizzling, popular Bollywood songs from Garba to traditional folk for you.